- DesignThe Mini rack features a single slide-out shelf that is capable of mounting up to four Mac minis in a standard 19", 4-post rack enclosure.Each rear brace features a spring-loaded mechanism to ensure that your rack is locked in place. There's also an optional cable tie-down bar that snaps into place at the rear of your rack.The Mini rack can be installed in less than 5 minutes with no tools. Each rail securely engages the rack posts and then the shelf is slid into place.
- FeaturesThe front panel hides five small air inlets to allow cool air into the Mini rack while keeping the hot air from escaping. Mac minis are held in place by a raised base that also serves to isolate hot and cool zones in the rack. The rear mac Mac minis are pushed apart to allow for front Mac mini cabling to be channeled down the center of the Mini rack. The two cable management clips guide the cabling while a tie wrap or rubber band can be used to keep the cabling from pushing up.The front of the Mini rack features to capture screws that serve two purposes—one to screw down to cage nuts (not supplied) in the rack and the other to serve as a grip to pull on should you need to slide the Mini rack shelf out to access the Mac minis.
The design of the airflow ducting with the Mini ensures that all Mac minis are getting fresh, cool air from the front of the rack and that the exhaust is vented directly to the rear. Cool air is directed through four openings below the faceplate to the front and rear Mac minis. The cool air is separated by a base that also does double-duty as holders for the Mac minis. An additional inlet directs cool air above the Mac mins to cool the chassis and force the warmer exhaust air to the rear of the rack.
- SpecificationsMini rack Slim: Features at a glance
• Mount from 1-4 Mac Minis per 1U.
• Powder-coated steel slide-out shelf with integrated base
• Left and right snap-in rails
• Integrated airflow ducting for optimal cooling
• All peripheral ports are accessible.
• Tool-less design requires no additional hardware.
• Rear cable tie-down bar
Size and weight:
• Depth: 24" (69cm)
• Width: 19" (48.2cm)
• Height: 1.7" (4.3cm)
• Weight: 15 lbs (6.8kg)
How does the Mini rack insert into a rack?The Mini rack includes 2 rails that are easily installed without tools into any standard 19", 4-post rack. The slide out shelf is then guided onto the rails. The whole process takes about three minutes.
What comes with a Mini rack?The Mini rack Slim comes with the pull-out shelf, two rails, one cable tie-down, and a slide-out shelf that holds up to four Mac minis (post-June 2010 models).
Can you sell me a complete rack with everything— including the Mac mini?We can provide complete turn-key solutions for the Mini rack. Contact us for more information.
Are the Mini racks compatible with the previous generation Mac mini?At the moment, Mini rack only works with the aluminum unibody Mac minis introduced in June of 2010. You may place the earlier design Mac minis (sliver & white), but the height of those Mac minis prevents 1U clearance.